Wednesday, October 08, 2003

DAY OFF 2

Woke up at 9.30 this morning shivering from cold and home alone. Was very much looking forward to this day for several reasons: 1) last day of tuition for my PSLE student. I bet he is just as excited. 2) no work today and I am meeting Makcik again.

As much as I enjoy having a job and the good pay, it's been a long while since I hang out with my frens, shop, dine or watch movies. Must make it a point to catch up during my off days otherwise I will go crazy!

Tuition boy was happy to know that I am giving tuition in the afternoon. Early tuition = earlier free time! He overheard my phone conversation with Makcik couple days back and started giggling when I mentioned 'sayang'. He assumed that I had a date tonight and cheeky boy kept asking "Ari ni jumpe sayang kat mane ah??" Hahah!

My 'date' with Makcik have changed places at least thrice. Initial meeting place was Dhoby Ghaut, changed to Rail Mall then Causeway Point before finally settling to Sun Plaza. Sigh... the trouble she goes thru to get perfect bday cake for Md Idris! Just my luck for not being able to attend the party this Saturday. =(

Pakcik was there too. Macam gitu jugak cuma muka penat. Anyway, there was no cake with a pic of a ball... so Makcik ordered a cake with a pic of a Porsche car - Idris' other fav toy. After that we headed to Delifrance for a bite before going to her house. At her house, I ate again... dah rezeki, tak baik tolak kan?

Pakcik knock out soon after his dinner. Typical ular sawa! For me, the rest of the time was spent playing with Idris. Yesterday Idris was slightly moody... but today he was ssssssssssooo cute! All the time he was smiling non-stop, walking and making all those toddler noises. I finally left Makcik's house with Idris' baby scent lingering all over me.

I always say that children are my stress-relievers. Well still true, especially with toddlers! =)