Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Fastest fingers?!

It's been only 2 days since I had a new team leader at my workplace... and even she noticed how fast I typed. Hahah! We've been getting lots of new nomination lists each day from the wards. Seems like quite a pile each time my colleagues come in at 8am. They do their best to key in all those faxes while waiting for visitors to arrive... but even that is quite impossible.

Morning hours, even not during visiting hours... we are occupied with registering visitors accompanying outpatients, visitors coming to discharge patients, meeting doctors, visitors for critically ill patients, vendors, guests for seminars, etc. By the time those settle down... it's noon and the whole cycle restarts with visitors visiting patients. Only way to get all those nominations keyed in is by closing one counter. Whoever sits there will do nothing but keying-in of nominations. But our supervisors dont allow that... lengthens queue and waiting time for the visitors. Instead we focus on memos and notices. Reason? More urgent.

Oh well... I'm thankful that I have the added skill of fast typing. Definitely helps me alot in this job. =)