Thursday, October 23, 2003

Happy Diwali!

For the first time in my life, I witnessed two quarrels happening at my workplace... in a week! It was the first for all my colleagues too.

Quarrel 1: Involves 2 visitors. I had just returned from my break when my team leader told me to get reinforcement from the security officers. Of course I was clueless! Turned around and I saw two Chinese guys glaring and hell-bent on each other. Within seconds, they were punching and shouting. Security officers came, police officers came and my block went chaotic. News about it spread to the other blocks. One security officer thought I was witness till I told him that I knew next to nothing. Only thing I know is that the visitors didnt mind beind held up in the queue during that period! Much later I was told that they quarrelled because one of them cut in the queue. Sigh...

Quarrel 2: I was attending to visitors. Heard loud commotion at the block entrance but was too busy to even turn my head. The voices got louder and louder. My team leader called the security officer to attend to it while he covered the guy's position. Reason for quarrel? 2 cars hit bumper to bumper. But after scrutinizing both cars, the security officers found not a single scratch! It's the pick-up point area after all. How fast can they be driving? I would say both cars nudged! Heehee...

Well maybe they find it worthy of making such a public commotion to the extent of getting fined. Dah kaya sangat agaknye... =)

Headed to Little India after work. Had poori for dinner, bought a box of laddoo then walked thru the throngs of people to Mustafa Centre. Did some shopping, met my ex-boss, and walked back to the MRT station. The place was very lively with songs, colourful decorations and handsome guys! Simply lost track of time in there. Luckily managed to get the train before 11.30pm. Phewww!

Off days on Friday and Saturday. =) Happy Diwali!