Wednesday, November 05, 2003

10th Ramadhan...

Lady from Recruitment Office called at 2pm looking for Melvin & me. Waited for my colleagues to relieve our places then left half an hour later.

Alhamdullilah, I've been offered a full-time position. Contract till April 2004 with basic pay, medical benefits, leave (annual, sick & hospitalization) and gratuity included. I had thought those offered were given same contract, but Melvin turned down his offer cos his basic pay was lower. Hmm...

Came back to my centre and realised that it was 3.30pm, way past my work time. Told my team leader about my medical appt tomorrow, signed out and took MRT to Dhoby Ghaut. Headed to TIMES @ P.S while waiting for Makcik to end her work at 4.30pm. Immersed myself in all those books & mags and would have lost track of time had Makcik not smsed me. We were supposed to meet at 4.45pm and I was still in the bookstore. Kihkih! I thought I was late but we finally met at 5pm. Dear Makcik got held up by scones.

Went to her house and break fast there. Md Idris was sick but still has energy to play and walk! He walked on his own! Initial distance was like 2 metres, going back and forth from Umi to Bubu. He would quicken his pace nearing the end, excited just like the rest of us. We were all sitting in a circle and as the circle got bigger, Idris walked further from one person to the other. =)

Get well soon, Idris!