Tuesday, November 25, 2003

1st Syawal...

Felt weird for not going out on 1st day of Raya. Brunch consisted of ketupat & lontong topped with rendang limpa, sambal goreng, ayam masak merah and lemak vegetables - 2 in 1! Makan berulang is definitely not for me and that brunch is gonna last till my dinner judging by the amount I took.

First guest started arriving only at 2pm. Sigh... had we gone out to visit my grandma, we would still be back in time. Uncles, aunts and cousins came and stayed on till dinner. Every year the menu remains the same - sapsuka. The lontong and ketupat remained untouched. Dunno why my mum still prepares it. Dad got busy in the kitchen preparing the sapsuka while I helped out with minor stuffs. Poor Dayah! She kept going in and out of the house buying loaves of bread, tomato paste, etc.

The last guest left around 7pm. By then no one else has called to say they were on their way. I have only 3 days off and I'm not gonna waste it by waiting for people. Requested that the family goes visiting instead and by 8pm, we were off. Visited 2 grand-uncles at Clementi area and headed home. My younger sis gotta work tomorrow so... can't stay out late.