Sunday, November 23, 2003

Kihkihkih... Lazy Sunday

I woke early one morning
The Earth lay cool and still
When suddenly a tiny bird
Perched upon my window sill
He sang a song so lovely
So carefree and so Gay
That slowly all my troubles
Began to slip away
He sang of far off places
Of laughter and of fun
It seems his very trilling
Brought up the morning sun
I stirred beneath the covers
Crept slowly out of bed
Then quickly shut the window
And crushed his buzzing head.
- Anonymous -

Early morning and I'm back at work. As always, we don't get much visitors around this time especially on Sundays...

Anyway, with couple days left to Hari Raya Aidilfitri I'm slightly panicking. This year my family got off to a slow start in Raya preps. Not that we intended to. We sent our cloths to the seamstress in early June but she got delayed. Her hubby fell seriously ill so all her needlework was put aside. My mom and sisters were fast enough to buy ready-made baju kurungs way before Ramadan but I bought my pantsuit last Friday. Phew... at least one done. Going shopping later after work to buy another pantsuit. No baju kurungs for me this year.