Thursday, January 01, 2004

2004 Resolutions???

I don't do resolutions every New Year. I do them on my birthdays. New Year is the time when I set goals, targets and my wish lists. But as always, I can only plan... someone up there does His decisions.

2003:
The year when I started a full-time permanent job in the finance sector. Rather short-lived though as I resigned nearing July. The job experience was great, the working environment was excellent. I made lots of friends and acquaintances from colleagues, parents, students and even vendors. Unfortunately the management outstretched my potential and patience. Was jobless for 2 months before I got a contract job in the medical sector nearing September. A lower pay and crazier workshifts, but totally stress-free! From being hourly rated, my contract has been extended to a monthly basic pay. The jobscope is sssooo unrelated to what I'm studying but still a learning experience for me. Still am working... =)

The year when 2 people in my life got engaged. My younger sister - Ain on the 6th September and my besh fren - Makcik on the 19th January. The first one too soon, the latter about time actually! Hahahaha =D My only hope this year is that their weddings do not coincide or I will have to split myself into 2! As for myself, let me enjoy singledom.

The year also marks a decade of friendship with my secondary school frens. Some change for the better, others worsen... and there are also those that seem stunted. But I'm glad that we still make the effort to keep up and stay in touch. To all my frens, thank you for having touched my life. Just bear my nonsense and look forward to better friendships ok? ;-)

The year I got my driving licence! Oh yes!!! Best of all, a day after my birthday. First car I drove on the road was Pakcik's AT car. Then my Dad's MT car. Got my hands on the steering wheels of other cars & even a pick-up but nothing beats the satisfaction of driving one's own car. Next goal on my list!

The year my paternal grandma passed away. Been suffering from leukamia for quite some time and because of old age, the doctors didn't recommend chemotherapy treatments. Her loss was most noticeably reflected by my aunt's sudden passive behaviour. She's better now - got her hands full with her sons' school and household chores

Other events include my tuition kids passing their PSLE, me deferring my studies due to my workshifts, the born of my webbie, etc. Ah well... it's been another great year. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2004!