Saturday, January 03, 2004

Melia Hotel...

Where I am right now as I typed. This morning I met Minah at 7.30am. Took bus 960 to Bugis, MRT to Lavender then cab to Golden Mile Complex. Mahanom was reading her morning papers when we arrived. Tried to get details for our tour bus but since tickets were with Makcik, the lady ignored us.

Anyway, bus came and we left Singapore. Journey was longer than expected. Landed at Puduraya. First agenda: Buy tickets for home. Definitely got panic-stricken when we realised that most booths have sold out their tickets! One booth was selling ticket @ RM$60 each - daylight robbery. Another half an hour passed before we found another booth. The timing however was not on our side. Bus leaving at 1pm. Looks like this trip is gonna be even shorter than planned.

Finally checked in at 4pm. Right now, Makcik, Mahanom & Minah are planning our shopping route. We are checking out at noon tomorrow so gotta fully maximise the time we have here. Better leave such plans to the experts. Hahaha =) We gonna leave the room once we've done our prayers. I wonder how much each of us will spent. Hmmm... Gotta tell them to eat first before we start shopping. My stomach is grumbling! Been eating junk food throughout the journey. Time to eat good proper food. After all, we are in KL... food shouldn't be much a prob. Ciao!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Aaaahh back in the hotel room. We left for Masjid India but the rain spoilt my shopping plan. My plan to get tudungs & bookmarks for my Mum dashed, I didn't bother to browse after that. We stopped to eat at an Indian foodstall but food there was barely edible. Had to force myself to eat out of hunger. Even so, could only swallow half a plate. Thank goodness the iced Milo was nice!

After that, we went to KLCC. Away from rain and surrounded with air-conditioning, the 4 of us shopped. Kudos to Makcik for being the 'shopperholic' amongst us. Perhaps she drew up a shopping list... as she walked! Hahahah =D Dunno how many rounds we made in KLCC. I do know that it was pretty long cos I started feeling hungry again. Don't they feel it? Makcik wanted us to have dinner at steakhouse. We went up, went down, walked front then back, turned left, turned right but the restaurant didn't appear. Settled for DOME instead. Dddddelicious! Steakhouse appeared as we left DOME - next door. Their loss I guess. =P

Waiting for my turn to shower now. I don't think I can stay up late tonight especially after heavy dinner and nice hot shower. What's more, gotta wake up early tomorrow for a quick shopping spree. The 3 ladies are on a quest to buy VINCCI shoes. I had bought shoes from Metro the last time I went out with Makcik & Mahanom. A part of me wishes to stay in and relax in the hotel... the other part of me of course, can't bear to miss the places they are going to. Goodnite!


P.S Below is a joke emailed to me 4 years ago by my sister. Dunno what got into me that day but I found it so funny... that I kept it. Enjoy!

R. D. Jones And His Sewing Machine

The following is an ad from a real-life newspaper which appeared four days in a row - the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY:
For sale: R. D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P.M.. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY:
Notice: We regret having erred In R. D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should have read "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 948-0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 P.M."

WEDNESDAY:
Notice: R. D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday. The ad stands correct as follows: "For sale -- R. D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

THURSDAY:
Notice: I, R. D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I intentionally broke it. Don't call 948-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper, but she has now quit.