Friday, January 23, 2004

Rubbish superstitions??

According to my team leader, there shouldn't be many visitors during CNY because visiting patients is considered bad luck. Well he was sssssooooo wrong! Faizal, my buddy and I could barely even take a toilet break with such a long queue. Luckily the supervisor was around. He was surprised. He ended up sitting down and taking charge of one of the counters. The other blocks had the same problem. All of us literally saw red (clothes, shoes, hair, etc) and oranges. Hahahah! =)

As if on cue, the throngs of visitors subsided exactly at 2pm... only to commence again at the next visiting hour - 5pm. The evening was worse. The number of visitors tripled, perhaps even quadrupled. But we survived. Phew!

This morning, my lady team leader reported back for work. We did work as per normal - keying in nominations & memos, updating files, etc. Out of the blue, she asked my buddy and I if we are afraid of eating chickens. Hhahahah us afraid of eating?! NO! She called in for delivery but was prompted to call again at 11am (what's that supposed to mean? Junk food after breakfast only?).

She called in for Crispy KFC and Supreme Pizza Hut half an hour later. Food came and we took turns to have our lunch break. Then she called again for a 2nd delivery. Food didn't arrived. She called in again, was told her order had been cancelled and blew her top off at the operator. Sucky service! Within 5 minutes, her 2nd order came. =D And if all that wasn't enough, one of the team leaders from another block actually prepared Briyani Rice for us!

None of us felt like going for dinner breaks even when it was past 5pm. Best of all, our lady team leader didn't stop us. She was full too. In the end, I initiated our dinner breaks. Took the Briyani Rice to 7-11, heated it up and slowly ate it. Food was delicious and I had to slowly finish it off. But I did. Felt like a penguin walking back to the counter. Eyes were heavy too but when I saw the long queue, all sleepy thought went poof.

It would be a miracle if I don't put on weight from today's lunch & dinner alone. Goodnite!