Thursday, April 29, 2004

Lunch treat @ Tambuah Mas Restaurant... & Fusionpolis Building collapsed...

I'm the one who's gonna end my job contract this Friday but it looks like everyone else in the office is doing the countdown for me. Good riddance perhaps? Hahahahhaha...

Yesterday before I left the office, the assistant Manager told me that we are to have lunch together. Today while I was reading the morning papers, Kak Sariah came over and mentioned it again. She added "Cancel all your lunch appointments."

Come to think of it, wow it's already end of April! Ever since I started working in the security department I have longer lunch breaks - an hour instead of the measly 30 minutes, my lunch meal is more proper - rice, noodles or fish & chips instead of instant noodles, pastries or hot dogs and I always have my luncheons with 4 guys. My office has been declared as the 'reporting centre' because it's where we meet before going out for lunch or going out after work. Those 4 guys have been titled as my 'lunch boyfrens' and the asst Manager calls me the 'superstar'. Haha =)

By noon, Kak Sariah & I were ready to leave the office. Our stomachs were growling in hunger. But the asst Manager wasn't in office. The asst Manager and Ops asst finally came into office at 12.15pm. I had no idea where we were going so I kept quiet.

We went out for lunch by car. Initially they wanted to go to a Nasi Padang restaurant. Unfortunately when we arrived, we saw the shop being renovated. So the asst Manager brought us to Kintamani Indonesian Restaurant @ Novotel Apollo Hotel Singapore. But we didn't make any reservations. That place is so popular and its entire area was reserved for lunch. They couldn't even afford to set up a table for 4 of us. Hmmm... mental note: have lunch / dinner there some day. ;-)

Time was ticking away and my colleagues were thinking hard. The asst Manager didn't want to enter CBD area and wanted a place with fast service. Without a word, he drove us to Tanglin Shopping Centre. He parked the car behind the shopping centre. My sense of direction became disoriented for a split second. Finally it dawned upon me... Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant!

Basically lunch consisted of Ikan Pepes, Tahu Telor, Kangkong Belachan & Sup Sayur Asam. A slightly different choice from what I usually eat when I'm there, nonetheless it was nice. New dishes to my eating list! =) I had wished that someone ordered Rendang Lembu but nobody did. As the asst Manager put it, the lunch treat was for me. I do not feel nice making personal orders when the rest seem so hesitant. On top of that, I had Es Chendol Kacang for dessert. Unlike some eating places' pathetical health-conscious version, this Es Chendol Kacang was a sweet-killer. Love it to bits but boy, the santan's (coconut milk's) powerful impact went straight to my body system.

Returned to office @ 2.15pm. 2 hours! Hahah... I felt very full and sleepy. Forced myself to drink lots of water, raced to the ladies' and only then felt more alert.

Barely an hour later, our office received news that Fusionpolis Building collapsed. Another new MRT construction site...