Friday, May 21, 2004

Birthday Treat 2!

Woke up this morning and was shocked to receive sms from Dearie. It read "Free for lunch @ 2.45pm later? See you... Cafe Vienna."

Dearie has been sick for the past one week. We have not contacted during that week and that sms was a nice surprise indeed. Nice enough to send me jumping out of bed, into the bathroom and out of the house within an hour!



When I arrived, Dearie was already there. Reservations made for 2 under Dearie's name. Friday afternoon and the crowd was noisy. Dearie commented that Grand Hyatt suffered worse crowd... until I mentioned IIFA. Sigh! Would have bought ticket if Hrithik Roshan is in Singapore. =)

We settled down quickly and began our rounds of food. My first round consisted of all fried fingerfood - chicken wing, chicken pie, crabclaw, etc. Second round was all boiled food - dim sum, prawns, pau, sushi (odd one! hehe). Avoided the nasi lemak, fried bee hoon, mee soto, laksa and congee. Finally we got our dessert. There was no ice-creams served. Both of us are recovering from sickness so it doesn't matter. I took a plate of assorted pastries. Then went to the buffet area again to take a big slice of bread pudding! Hmmm.... with a generous helping of its vanilla sauce!

We left the place @ 5.30pm. Me full and Dearie bloated. Made our way to Orchard MRT station and departed. My plan to meet Makcik @ Causeway Library was cancelled. Went there on my own and did some good reading. Finally left and went to Minah's house to pass my modem. She served me a bowl of laksa while I watched Dhadkan on tv. Boy! My stomach's bursting!