Saturday, May 29, 2004

NP Gals' Outing 2004!

Looks like this is one Saturday that's different from the rest this month!

I had to relief tutor 2 classes in the afternoon - from 1pm to 5pm. Best of all, only 1 student turned up in each class! Hahahaha =) The Pri 4 boy was very quiet. Very slow in finishing up the 3 problem sums I gave him... I actually spent the 2 hours going thru all 6 problem sums. Gosh!

The Pri 3 boy, Syazwan was sssssooooo cute. Didn't bring my digicam with me or I would have taken his pic. Had bright innocent eyes and dimplish melting smile! His tutor had covered every single topic. I had no choice but to let him do Mid-Year Paper 2. He fidgeted in his seat, scratched his head and when I asked he replied "Difficult question". After break, he came back perspiring. He wore himself out playing at the playground... all by himself! We went thru his paper and he scored 96%! Eerr and I thought he said it was difficult? Spent the remaining time talking with him. Smart boy!

I had smsed Jiamei to meet me earlier than the rest of the NP gals. While waiting for her to arrive, I went to the nearest provision shop to buy some snacks. I was very hungry! Jiamei arrived at 5.30pm. Got into the lorry and went to Woodlands. She wanted to grab a 'snack'.

We went to Burger King @ Causeway Point where our 'snacks' were made up of 1 Whopper Junior Meal (for me) and 1 Chicken Whopper Meal (for Jiamei). Reminded Jiamei of Weizhen's sms to meet @ 7pm SHARP. We left. On our way back to the basement carpark @ Civic Centre, Jiamei sidetracked to the Hyundai Car Show. Not forgetting the time spent searching for her cashcard to leave the carpark... we finally got back on the wrong road @ 7.15pm. What the heck, may as well fetch Minah.

We reached CCK Park @ 7.45pm. By then Ah Soh (Xinyi), Caifen, Suxin, Weizhen, and Christina had settled down and were busily tucking in their tummies. =P Jiamei and I were quite full from our 'snacks' yet she managed to finish her plate of Mee Goreng while I slurped my plate of Mee Hongkong away! =) Liting and Huisi joined us much later, having had dinner at home.

The CCK Park proved too bright and dull for us to rest, relax & gossip. Minah suggested heading down to West Coast Park. Most of us were in casuals, having had experienced the lorry ride last year. Liting and I sat in front with Jiamei while the rest settled down for a bumpy ride and strong wind in their hair and face... at the back.

I stayed away from the obstacle course because the sand was wet from rain. The others climbed the Pyramid Web, Vertical Rope and some other courses leaving their bags and shoes conveniently at the bench where I sat. Much later, we found a spot near to the sea. Sat in a circle and gossiped all the way till midnight.

Minah's plan to leave by 10pm and my intention to be back early were not entertained. Had not our butts ached from having sat for so long, we would not have gotten up and left. Goodness!

Jiamei cheekily told me to drive us back so that she could sleep. No way! I'm inexperienced. All roads seem small and narrow while driving in the lorry. I dare not even make a U-turn after dropping Liting off at her house. Jiamei definitely could not sleep. For me, I got a headache after driving.

Seems like nobody brought their digicams this time round. A great outing none the least!