Sunday, June 13, 2004

Back from IYC.

It's been a long while since I last attended a camp. Last camp was... hmm 5 years ago?? I was given the opportunity to attend the Interfaith Youth Camp this time. Considering that I'm so free nowadays, I registered.

It was unlike any of those training camps that I attended during my school days. Our 'campsite' was smacked in Downtown East itself! Our 'tents' were the NTUC chalets - air-conditioned and equipped with proper beds, cupboard, toilet, TV, dressing table, fridge and Xbox console. It wasn't a training camp too heeheehee =)

Throughout the 3 days, I enjoyed myself. Got to know about other faiths - Baha'i Faith, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism & Catholic. Learnt the beauty of Islam even more during discussions. Visited various places of worships. Never have I felt more 'purified', physically or spiritually.

3 days of vegetarian food (luckily I eat more veg now)... was a tad too much for my digestive system though. =P Unfortunately, I didn't spend much time in my room. Within the 2 nights, I slept for 3 + 6.5 hours. Completely missed breakfast on the last day. Well, I wasn't alone. =)

I brought my digicam along and took photos at every given opportunity. On the last day of camp, my rechargeable batteries went kaput. Had to resort to normal ones as I didn't bring the charger. Check out the pics!

We came as strangers, we left as friends.