Wednesday, June 23, 2004

'Midnight' story 1

Thank god for Internet Banking! I came online to actually check a particular bank transaction that I've made last week. Just to kill 2 birds with one 'click', I checked everything else. Oddly enough, no money deposited for the tuitions given in May.

Called up the Centre Manager and informed him. The following conversation ensued...

Me: "Just to let you know that my honorarium for May has not been credited into my bank acocunt. It's suppoz to be on the 23rd right?"

CM: "Yes. What's the date today?"

Me: "23rd June..."

CM: (after a long silence) "Hmm... perhaps you can check it again later? It could be hmm... that the money will be credited by midnight."

Me: "Midnight??"

CM: "Yes. It's 23rd today and it may not be credited at this time. Perhaps it will only be credited later at midnight."

Me: "Ok. I will check it tomorrow and get back to you. Bye."

I seriously wonder if there are anybody else around here who thinks likewise as him. Definitely not the banks.

To be continued... after midnight =P