Thursday, June 24, 2004

'Midnight' story 2

For fun, laughter, peace and joy... I went online to check my bank account. As I predicted, honorarium was still not credited. This time, I emailed the Centre Manager. Nearing evening, I received 3 calls from the centre. First call was made by the admin gal to verify my bank account number. Next 2 calls were from the Centre Manager himself.

By the end of all calls, I hung up my phone shaking my head and laughing! What is this guy up to? Is it his fault, or should bureaucracy be blamed?

He finally assured that everything will be settled by end of this month. =)

Where money is concern, bureaucracy and company policies can complicate things further. I have worked in the finance department and yes... when people are in need of money, at times I had wished I could pluck those cash from trees! Gotta understand that people are not born equal. Good learning experience for me as I got to see both sides of the coin.

But the biggest joke goes to the Centre Manager. Just his luck that I happened to do Internet Banking on that day. Peace! Hahahahahahah!