Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Mini Family Gathering

Phew! My relatives left half an hour ago... Feeling tired but happy actually.

My parents leaving for Umrah tomorrow noon. Cik Ani (Nanny) and Cik Idah called this afternoon saying they wanted to come to my house. Cik Ani actually cooked dishes from her house, got my cuz Zal to drive her and Shasha to my house with Asam Pedas, Rendang, Sambal Goreng, Peria and marinated chicken wings. She arrived @ 6pm. Within 15 mins, Cik Idah and family arrived with home made Chocolate Cake. Wow! What's the occassion?!?! Much later I found out that Cik Ani missed having dinner with us. Hence the dishes. And her back was aching, yet she cooked. I'm very touched by what both did.



Nursya, Afiq, Shamin, Ira and Shasha got hooked to my 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004' on my laptop. We had dinner after Maghrib prayers... but those children dashed back to my laptop as soon as they finished. The adults took time to eat. Cik Ani cooked a lot! She was kidding that we could refrigerate the Rendang and eat it with bread for the next 12 days that my parents won't be around. Hahah! =)

The children congregated in the dining hall. TV was on... watching 'Heartlanders', 'Man @ Forty' and bits of 'Anugerah'. Air-con was on. 2 jars of cold mango juice served for them.



The adults stayed put in the living room - fans blasting away, TV on but none watching attentively. Teapot of green tea served for them. Mid-way, Dayah had to go out cos we ran out of sugar! My mum prepares green tea with sugar... no wonder the teapot was empty within minutes. But I like it this way too!

Gonna recharge the batteries of my digicam now. Cheerios!