Thursday, June 10, 2004

What is wrong with the ROUTER?!

Yesterday, Dayah & I had trouble connecting to the Internet from the laptop & PC. I thought the ISP was doing its monthly maintenance so simply leave it at that.

Today the same problem occurred. I sent SOS sms to my IT savvy members... doubted any of them would response past 11pm. Within minutes I dashed from the dining to my room when my mobile rang. Wow!

My fren guided me over the phone to make some checks. Finally concluded that the problem lies in the router. Unfortunately, my fren is not that experienced to give 'technical help support via phone' where wireless routers are concerned. Sigh!

An important note was raised though. Bukit Panjang had a major blackout a couple of months back... to cut the story short, my wireless router has to be reconfigured for blockage. =(

Right now, I am typing away in the study room. The cable modem is connected straight to my laptop and there are wires (AC adapter, USB port to digicam) all over the floor. At least, I'm still on broadband! =P