Friday, July 09, 2004

Fishermen's Village...

Actually, I had no intention to go out today. No plans at all. Honest!

I was happily surfing the Internet when Jiamei emailed me. After a flurry exchange of emails, phone calls and door bells, we finally left my house in her lorry.

Headed down to Aljunied - my school. Last Wednesday, the guy said stock will arrive on Thursday. Today, he said to come back in 2 weeks' time. Next time, I will shove my book vouchers down his throat if he doesn't give my books. Luckily Jiamei didn't mind as she was bored at work or I wouldn't have suggested going there in the first place.

Traffic was coming from my right but road was clear. I looked to my left as someone kickstart his bike and just as I stepped off the kerb, one cyclist hit me from my left 'blind spot'. This guy was cycling with his head turned behind! Didn't he realised that he was against the traffic flow? What and why on earth was he looking behind for?! I fell to my left, broke my fall with my left arm and my left leg kicked the bicycle. Cyclist went off balance. One guy came forward to help me and glared at the cyclist. Haha! Paiseh!

By right, I'm ok. By left, I have blue-black marks on the elbow, thumb, palm, ankle and slightly scraped knee. Crossed the road to Jiamei's parked lorry. She didn't even know I fell till I requested for tissue & plasters. No bones broken, everything intact, we moved on.

Jiamei suggested dinner @ Newton. Brought her to the stall that Minah recommended. Ordered Sugar Cane juice, Fried Rice, Kangkong Belachan & Chilli Lala. Yummy!

Spent an hour in Cineleisure after that while Jiamei worked out in California Fitness. She wanted to cancel her account but "person-in-charge is not around".

Jiamei's next suggestion was to go to Fishermen's Village. She actually feared that I would say no because it is in Pasir Ris. But I was game! We stopped by Carrefour @ Suntec to buy crackers and drinks. Then onward we went.

Now I have learnt that Fishermen's Village is actually the Pasir Ris Park near to the Class Reunion chalet... near to Minah's ex-office. I thought it was near Changi Jetty. =) Thanx Jiamei! Good night!