Thursday, July 01, 2004

Post Birthday Treat for blur Makcik.

Had wanted to meet Makcik yesterday. She is still having coughing fits and after reading her blog - she slept for 10 hours straight yesterday! - I am thankful that she finally rested well.

First thing on my agenda today... Meeting for Enrichment Programme @ 3pm in Lot 1. Mum's idea to get me involved. Basically I will have to 'tutor' a group of Pri 3 students in Creative Writing (Malay) in a couple weeks' time. *scratches head* Hmm... gotta pay a visit to the library one of these days. Once meeting was done, Mum & I headed up to Popular Bookshop to buy stationeries.

Second stop... Meet Makcik in Causeway Point. She was on her way from office so I took time to walk around. I saw eerr... Sugiman? (ex-AMPYC member) on the escalator. Seems that of late, I've been seeing and bumping into old & long-lost frens. This week alone, I saw Jamilia (a Sec School classmate) & Izzar (a Pri School classmate) in Orchard. Nice surprise but it takes quite a while for both parties to register our names.

Makcik arrived and went to Popular Bookshop to buy a Barney vcd for hansem boi... I went up to meet her and met another fren in queue. We were looking at each other. She definitely looks familiar but (really really sorry) I dunno her name! Cliche as it sounds, I actually said, "You look familiar. Do I know you?"

Her reply was, "Yes, I think I know you." All I could do was to smile after that. Seriously I cannot remember how and where I got to know her. At the same time, I thought I saw someone familiar at the back. Checked my phone. Missed calls from Dearie & Mum. Excused myself from the queue and called Dearie. No answer. Called Mum. She bought a particular folder in Popular Bookshop Lot 1 and now wants 60 of the same design! 60?! Gifts for Teachers' Day.

Went around the stationeries' corner, searching high and low... almost gave up. Final attempt, ah found it! Same size, same colours, different design. One hand rummaging, the other hand holding my handphone, head cocked to one side listening and just at that moment too, a young lady in red top & black striped pants walked past. She turned. Rita! Almost slammed the phone in my excitement.

Walked back to the queue. Waited for Makcik. Left the bookshop and went in Kiddy Palace, Metro & Teleshop before settling down for dinner @ Pizza Hut. Spent 1 1/2 hour there. Stopped by Watsons. Only then headed back to Makcik's house. Sigh... hansem boi was already asleep.

Managed to watch 'The Apprentice' on tv, savouring my Cornetto ice-cream. Like the ads the men's team did. Too bad they didn't meet the vice-president of the jet company. Good night!