Sunday, August 01, 2004

Dinner @ Tambuah Mas Restaurant.

Just back from a family dinner to celebrate Dad's birthday. Initially Dayah & I wanted to buy a new Brauns shaver for him. But considering that he has a shaver that is still in good condition, we changed our minds.

Had our usual order of Tahu Telor, Rendang Lembu, Sup Buntut & Kangkong Blachan. In addition, I ordered Ikan Pepes for the family. Dayah had her plate of Nasi Kuning while the rest of us ate those dishes with plain rice.

It seems like everyone in my family is not a foodie person (other than me). Ain didn't eat much - dieting eversince her last medical check-up showed that she has high body fat. Dayah has never been much of a gal to eat rice. Dad had his normal measly portion of 1/2 plate of plain rice. The rest of us finished our portions. I finished my rice too soon. Would have loved to request for more rice to eat with those dishes, but dropped the idea on second thought. Cos of my dessert - Es Chendol Kacang! Yummy!

Dayah & I exchanged looks. 5 adults and struggling to finish our orders. Pathetic but what the heck... as long as everyone is full, that's all that matters.

We left the restaurant @ 7.40pm. Dad drove us to Grandpa's house to catch our Maghrib prayers. Slightly drizzling by then too. Despite old age and the mild stroke he suffered years back, Grandpa is still persistent in living on his own and working! He's one tough old man.

We got back in time to watch the re-telecast of 'Anugerah'. Light showers and breezy night. Hmm... good night, sleep tight. =)