Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My legs are aching from TOO MUCH sitting!

Woke up @ 6.30am in a daze. Pleasse let me sleep! I don't remember agreeing to accompany Mum. If I were to follow my heart, I would have screamed. But followed my head, dragged myself out of bed and showered instead.

Reached NUH @ 8.30am. Other than those admin clerks, not many souls were up and about yet. Aiyoh... Registered, sat down and waited. Few minutes later, Mum was called in. I sat down and continued waiting. Sigh! Needless to say, I spent half my day waiting for Mum to finish her check-up. By the time she was done, it was 12.30pm and I had eaten 1 BBQ chicken pau, 1 packet of Kit Kat cubes & munching on my Cadbury's Roast Almonds chocolates.

Went to the Day Surgery Centre to look for Cik Ina. Then we went for lunch - her treat. The NUH is huge. The layout is mind-boggling. Perhaps I'm too used to SGH's layout. =) We came entering through main building. We left at dunno what wing or entrance.

Rested at home for a couple of hours. Then left to meet Yus & Minah @ BP McDonalds. Sat again and talked. Yus is quitting his job and doing a different line - teaching. At first glance, I thought Yus looked bigger than usual. Observed again and realised he's putting more weight. Later on, Minah said he's been going to the gym too. Hahah!

Minah & I walked around the plaza after that. We separated for a while to do our errands. Then met up and headed back to her house. Her mum's Roti Boyan is really good. Eaten with Sambal Tumis Ikan Bilis... set my mouth on fire! I'm a sucker for spicy food but my mouth and nose can't stand it. Thank goodness it wasn't too spicy or I would be eating in tears. =)

Gonna watch the Olympics swimming events now. Good night!