Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Tailor-made Baju Raya...

Went out with mum in the afternoon to pay a visit to the seamstress' house. Mum felt that I had grown (vertically that is) but the aunt looked at me and said "Grown? Is it? I don't think so." Awww... thank you! =) For the benefit of doubt, she took my measurements again. Passed!

Weather was scorching hot but mum & me were having blocked nose. I gladly welcomed the bottle of fish crackers and hot cup of Teh-O. Let both ladies talk while I browsed and read 'Jelita' magazines. Before I know it, I had emptied the bottle of crackers. Aunt went to refill it and they continued their chat, I continued to read... and munch.

Mum has always make it a point to deliver our cloths to the seamstress during the June holidays each year. To allow ample time for the seamstress to sew our clothes before Ramadhan comes. Last year was the only exception that my family bought and wore ready-made clothes. Our clothes were not ready as the aunt had to look after her hubby post-op. This time round when we came, all our baju kurungs were ready. Woohoo! =) Baju kebayas in the making...

Mum has decided to get the same seamstress to sew our clothes for Ain's wedding. But in the meantime, we are waiting till Dad finds a colour that he likes. His is the only one that has to be ready-made. So once Dad gets his, only then can us ladies start searching for ours. And people say women are fussy... as if!

Headed to Jurong Point nearby after that. Bought dinner @ Banquet. Entered John Little to look around while waiting for Dad to fetch us. Mum said he was arriving in 10 minutes. Let's just say... if we had boarded the bus, we would have reached home way earlier. Genie, I wish for a car! =P