Thursday, September 02, 2004

BIG brue brack. =(

Late afternoon I received a phone call from Minah. She told me to come over to her house. Her house is a mere stone's throw away from my house. But I had to make a trip to Causeway Point Metro first.

Dad had his long trousers altered there the other day. In complete blurness, they had forgotten to include the alteration charges to the bill. Took bus 963 there and arrived in 15 minutes flat. Then hurried into Metro.

I passed the claim form to one of the ladies at the cashier counter. She passed the 'baton' to a petite, stress-looking young lady. For the next 20 minutes, I walked around watching this lady shuttling from the men's department to the customer service corner... thrice! The claim form remained in her clasp with no sign of my Dad's pants or plastic bag.

I was definitely in no mood to wait but fortunately for that lady, I was simply too lazy to open my mouth. Instead I walked over to the women's section and browsed. Let that lady take her own sweet time while I take mine. Hah! I only went back to the counter after I was done browsing. By then, there were 4 staffs at the counter. Their eyes lit up when they saw me. Ah... god-sent customer? =P

One lady took the liberty to explain that I have not paid for the alterations. Zipped my lips and just nodded. Paid up and quickly left. *roll eyes*

'Singapore Idol' ended 10 minutes after I arrived @ Minah's house. Should have helped Minah with her PC then. I didn't. Minah & I ate, chatted while watching TV. Slipped my mind that 'The Apprentice' was @ 11pm.

Whatever it is, I managed to watch it. Limped in and out of the room liasing with the Singnet staff, meddling with Minah's PC and catching glimpses of the show. It was only when the staff suggested that I reinstall everything back that I stopped. Well Minah, just bear another 1 more day of internetless ok? You are gonna get Starhub Broadband tomorrow. =) Gotta thank you for lending me your 'Main Hoon Na' vcd and yes, for giving me that wonderful 'souvenir' when I bumped into your super solid almost-cemented teak chair. Yeow!