Saturday, September 04, 2004

Just pondering out loud...

Suddenly reminded of the conversation I had with Minah the other day. I have forgotten the content of it. What I remember is 'Tiong Bahru'.

I used to frequent that place with my classmates and squadmates for movies. Somehow then, it didn't matter to us that the place was out of the way. Was it the companion? Or was it just us being teenagers with wacky hormones?

Hmm... come to think of it. I spent much of my teenage life involved in a youth club in Paya Lebar! My parents went ballistic each time I mentioned my intention to go there. It didn't bother me at all cos as I see it then, I'm the one who's travelling and not them. Now on hindsight, goodness me!

It was crazy yet I didn't mind waking up early and getting ready. Journey was long yet I arrived with or without companions. To this date, I still cherish those times there.

What is it that makes a person go out of his/her way? For kids, it's all about having fun & enjoyment. For adults? Is TIME the factor? Along with accessibility, cost, and other priorities? Other than being very adult-ish, I think all that practically sap the energy, drive, passion and life out of everything. No wonder I see lots of zombies going to work. Even so, not all perform well. =P