Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Palmy?! What's wrong?

Went to Sim Lim. My fren wanted to buy a new MP3 player. So while waiting, I browsed around looking at the new digicams, DVD players, etc. In the midst of it all I started thinking about my Palm. Since I'm a free bird now, my Palm stays home even when I'm out. I can hardly remember the last time I did my HotSync. Mmm... 2 months ago perhaps? But without fail, I would still recharge.

Once done shopping, we headed to PS for dinner. Conversation touched on the IT gadgets available in market and those we have bought. My fren was so excited over the new MP3 player. It's small, sleek and a shiny metallic red. Could store over 60 English songs / 40 Hindi songs. Well fren, I still prefer to enjoy music in the comfort of my laptop @ home. Unless I own a car, I don't even burn CDs now.

We left PS @ 10pm. Took the MRT home and I did my 45 mins walk home again. All the while, my mind was on my Palm. A couple weeks back I couldn't switch it on despite having recharged the night before. Knowing well that I've not entered any new data since my last sync, I had simply pressed reset. Served its purpose for that period of time. Now that incident is bothering me. Something's not right but I'm not going to cut my walk short just for that.

Finally arrived home @ 11.30pm. While watching the PGA Tour on tv, I went online and tinkered with my Palm.

Yep, Palmy is sick. I had reset, recharged and did another HotSync. Everything appeared in place till it automatically switched off. Pressed the button to switch it on again. The screen flickered for a split second before the preferences' settings appeared. It had never before done that!

Gotta find its warranty papers. Gonna pay a visit to Harvey Norman tomorrow.