Tuesday, September 21, 2004

West to East in the rain...

I left the house for an interview smacked in Bedok Road. Was so unfamiliar with the area around Tanah Merah MRT station. Had I not looked up the street directory, I would have lost my directions.

Arrived a quarter to 2pm, earlier than expected. Sat down, waited and waited... I was the only guest around in that office. BP was drizzling when I left, raining heavily by the time I was on the expressway but surprisingly Bedok was dry & bright. I had not brought an umbrella with me. Phew! Next thing I knew, there was thunder and then it started raining. God knows how I'm leaving that office...

Soon Tracene came out to meet me. Went through the interview session. Midway, she called the accountant into her room to interview me. In comparison, I find that the accountant had more questions for me. Questions were more specifically job related too.

Before I left, Tracene asked how I was going back. Asked if I had brought an umbrella. I smiled and said that I'll be fine. Rain was still as heavy as ever. Instead of dashing across the road to take the bus back to Tanah Merah MRT station, I took a bus at the alighted bus stop. Stayed on the lookout for the next MRT station. Now I know that bus service 9 travels from Bedok to Simei. =)

Grabbed my lunch @ EastPoint Burger King. Called up Jiamei & we decided to meet up in City Hall. Took the MRT, entered Raffles City and walked about. Managed to drop by MPH to read Baby Blues comics before Jiamei called.

She drove us to Park Lane. We played several games of pool. Either I was hungry or getting tired, I started losing to her. Brought takeaway dinner and headed up to East Coast Park. Our intention was to sat down on the beach for our dinner & chat. Due to the intermittent showers, we stayed put in the lorry. 2 crazy gals eating, chatting & laughing in a lorry in the EC carpark! =)

Perhaps it was the park. Perhaps the chat. Whatever it was, I felt so relieved, relaxed and refreshed. Park was empty too. When we finally call it a night, it was 11.30pm. 2 crazy gals out having fun on a Tuesday night! Jiamei drove us back... right into my carpark. We plan to meet again this Friday.

Been humming this song on my way back. The song itself has no significance but I always hum this tune when I'm in this particular mood.
"Tere Bina Ek Pal Na Rehna Kehta Hai Dil Baar Baar
Tu Hai Meri Aakhri Tamanna Tu Hai Mera Pehla Pyaar"