Wednesday, December 15, 2004

How to read? Only ants can read!

The BIG stapler in our office went missing last week. GM borrowed it in the afternoon and returned it before I left. But when Fui Ling came into office the next morning, it was no longer on my desk.

Initially everyone assumed that it got misplaced in my big pile of "creative work". After lunch however, all of us started searching for it. I made extra effort to rummage thru every single drawer and cupboard of the office and pantry. With the kind of reports I have to prepare, I NEED that stapler!

Today I reached the office with plastic bags of stationeries. Bought holders, pens, pencils, stamps, rulers, organisers, scissors, name card box... almost everything except a BIG stapler. A part of me refused to accept its disappearance. Heehee I was hoping that my colleagues found it during the 2 days I was away from office. =(

Meanwhile everyone has started to minimise the thickness of their documents. Fui Ling squeezed every single bit of information within one page of paper, reducing the font to as big as an ant. Poor Margaret had to squint and strain her eyes to interpret. I laughed to tears when she requested for her next order of stationery - a magnifying glass!

That was more than enough to send me running to Popular Bookshop. Ok guys, tomorrow we have a new BIG stapler. =)