Saturday, December 11, 2004

Supper Treat in Garden.

This morning I woke up and saw many missed calls on my mobile. Uh-oh! Seemed like GM urgently was looking for me. I returned his call knowing quite well what he wanted. True enough. Heheh =)

In the evening, I punched in my time card in Lot 1. The outlet was buzzing with customers and down by 3 staffs. Surprisingly SL was around. Got down to work and helped out as much as I could. By 9.15pm, Nana was telling me to turn down new customers. I believe everyone was looking forward to closing time too. But I can't be doing that so early. At 9.30pm, a family of 4 came. Judging from the number of plastic bags they were carrying, it looked like they had shopped till they dropped and completely missed their dinner. To be safe, I informed SL. True enough, they still had dinner despite being informed that we had no more buffet.

Finally when we knocked off from work, everyone was happy. I laughed seeing Nana smiling from ear to ear. We met SL's challenge! All of us headed down to the Garden for a supper treat from her.

In actual fact, the "Garden" is a restaurant situated in CCK park. 10 of us - SL, Head Chef, Supervisor, Asst Mgr, 2 P/T runners, 2 P/T servers, P/T cashier & me - settled down quickly and surveyed the menu. Non-stop jokes about customer service & food orders were cracked. What else can one expect from working in F&B? We had Cereal Butter Prawns, Chilli Stingray, Spicy Mee Goreng, Bee Hoon HongKong, Hotplate Beancurd & Sotong Bakar. Those who were thirsty ordered Milo Dinosaur. Yummy!

Keep up the good work guys! Thank you, SL! Zzz...