Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Welcome Margaret!

First day of the final month of the year. Mmm...

Another new staff reported to office this morning. Work is piling up but with added manpower, I really hope that we can work well to make the company run smoothly. It's great to see more people in the office.

4 of us - Chandra, Fui Ling, Margaret & I, had lunch together. GM wasn't able to join us as he had left earlier for meeting. Anyway, it's interesting how each new staff assume that I've been working there for years. Hahah! No dear, I'm still new myself. =)

We walked back to office, past the fruits stall. Then Chandra suddenly suggested eating durian. What?! Disbelieving his words, yet all of us followed to look at those fruits. There were durians, rambutans, & mangosteens. Chandra asked "So how?" Fui Ling & I nodded. Margaret was laughing as she said "I can't believe you all!"

Chandra bought 1 durian and 2kgs of mangosteens. We ate the durian at the stall itself, ran up to the office to wash our hands and after that, Chandra & Fui Ling ate the mangosteens! Chandra has his theory of eating durian - "Must eat mangosteens after durian to neutralise the odour and the heat"

Yeah right! I don't eat mangosteens. I popped 2 Clorets into my mouth instead. So did Chandra. I imagined his stomach to be like a ticking time bomb after all that - ready to explode. =P

It was a good thing that we did not bring the durian up to office. It's fully air-conditioned. But Chandra apparently enjoyed what we did. In the midst of our work, he asked "What say we do it again next month?"