Friday, December 31, 2004

Wrapping up 2004.

Just back from dinner with 15 people - 6 of us family members & 10 of my parents' frens. Very very full from eating in Pondok Gurame Indonesian Restaurant.

My sis & her hubby came back from their honeymoon last Sunday, mere hours before the tsunami struck. Alhamdullilah! Coincidentally it was also the wedding anniversary of Uncle Zai & wife. In a way, the dinner became a mini celebration of sorts. We bowed our heads and prayed before the spread of food & drinks, thankful for everything - the start of a new chapter for the new couple, the lasting marriage of the 'old' couple, welcoming the new year, the gathering & dinner itself.

I browsed thru my archives and read my entry as @ 1st Jan this year. Mmm...

Anyway, a recap of 2004:
My contract work ended in April. Was bored & jobless for 1/2 year before I got a job in the F&B industry. For that, I'm grateful to Sayang. Thank you. I know I still owe you a treat. Faced lots of transitional periods but alhamdullilah, I've hurdled those obstacles gracefully. Needless to mention, my social circle widened tremendeously.

The 2 people who got engaged in 2003 - Makcik & Ain - decided of all months, days and dates to have their weddings on 18th & 19th Dec *faintz*. Though I rented a car, I don't have super powers to be in 2 places at the same time. I just hope that I won't have to go thru such incidents again. Once in a lifetime is enough... not forgetting how emotional I got. Having my own car however, remains on my Goal list!

Come 2005 I look forward to my cousin Sharen's wedding in June, a room to makeover, a dinner treat for Sayang, the end of my probationary period and sparing time & energy for family, frens & myself. Mmm... oh yes! Renu's wedding in February. *ties dead knot around Life 2004 & puts it away under lock & key*

Happy new year 2005!