Thursday, January 13, 2005

Frantic surprise...

Someone dropped by the office unexpectedly close to lunch time yesterday. Happy to see him but it's rather unsettling since most of us were in the midst of doing important & confidential work. Automatically, Margaret came out of her room & lingered around my table. Quickly saved my work & minimised the windows.

Made some idle chat before we all left for lunch @ KFC in EastPoint. I'm not a chicken lover but they had ordered one bucket of chicken while I settled my errands. Just sat and tucked in.

I had this hunch that he had called the office earlier before he came. True enough. This morning in office, out of the blue Chandra asked Fui Ling. Indeed, she had answered and not told any of us. Chandra asked "Why didn't you tell us?" She replied "Why should I tell you?" I had half a mind to throw her out the window. Heehee!

Harmless intention, wrong place. God, help us save our sanity while teaching this gal. She has much to learn. At times like this, I wonder if I was once like her too when I first joined the workforce. Bless those persevering souls for my nonsense. =) Amen!