Tuesday, January 11, 2005

There goes your diet, Sayang

Sayang came to office this afternoon to meet & have lunch with me. At 1pm, Chandra announced that he was going for lunch. Margaret, Fui Ling & I noted and started saving our work. Then he hollered again. This time Margaret made a dash for the ladies while I finished up my cheque preparations. By the time Chandra made his final announcement, all of us scrambled out of the office. Hahah! We always enjoy & have lunch together no matter how busy... unless hindered by urgent datelines.

We crossed the road and had lunch @ the 2nd storey kopitiam. All of us bought food from the same Malay stall. The sambal kacang & belacan rawkz! Personally I find this stall better than the other Malay stall (there's only 2 by the way). The lady gives rice servings rather generously. I think she's happy that I brought one troop of hungry monsters with me. =P For a change, I had Lime juice. Not too sweet, not too sour - cool!

I got teased for not introducing Sayang to my colleagues properly. Aiyoh... embarassing. Sorry Sayang heehee! We managed to finish most of our food, given the generous servings. While drinking & talking, Sayang suddenly mentioned about eating durian (from reading about our durian escapades). That alone triggered us to walk the distance to the fruit stall nearby. Hahaha!

We bought 3 durians - ate 2, rejected 1 and was replaced with 2 durians! Oh my god! First durian was a breeze, second durian was still ok but the third & fourth was a struggle. Imagine having all these foods within an hour...

Needless to say, the smell was overpowering. 5 of us mind you, in an air-conditioned office. We took turns to wash, rinse & gargle before popping minty sweets. Sayang left after that. But not before I gave Clorets. Fui Ling could hardly stand the smell of her hand & mouth. Margaret's Mentos & Halls became hotsellers.

Mental note: Buy minty sweets & put in pantry. Forecast durian rituals more often. Thank God for the wonderful lunch. Thank Sayang for postponing our dinner date.