Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hot!!!

Urgh! Everything was normal this morning. Or so I assumed. By noon, I was a mess. My nose leaks when the office air-con is on, but I perspire when it's off. Contemplated drinking cold GrassJelly during lunch but opted for hot SoyaBean milk instead. While my colleagues went around Shop & Save to buy junk food, I had to sit quietly at a corner to cool down.

Nose isn't so runny but my temperature is topsy-turvy. And while I notice all these changes in me, I can still afford to do things as per normal. I sound more like a person sick in mind than in body!

I abandoned the idea of staying back late in office. Left with Margaret & Fui Ling. Took the MRT, changed to bus 960 and dozed off thru the journey. I alighted from the bus with a blocked nose. Hahahah I can't even tolerate the tantrums my body is giving. Goodness gracious!

(Internal Dialogue-in-session)
Mind: Can we make a deal?

Body: What kind?

Mind: Be good for another day at least??? Till tomorrow? Let me enjoy the CNY dinner with my colleagues. I promise I will not eat anything to worsen the current situation.

Body: Mmm...

Mind: Ppplease? Gotta give the medicines a chance too.

Body: That's unfair!

Mind: Aww, come on. You are already messing up my coolness. Juz a matter of 20+ hours or so. Won't disturb you after that. Will pay doctor another visit if medicines don't work.

Body: .....

Mind: It's dinner. Good food, wonderful companions, rest & relax...

Body: Go sleep now!