Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Exploding tummies

The long-awaited, much-anticipated day for Sayang & I to have our dinner in Cafe Vienna finally happened... to our disbelief.

Having postponed the treat countless times over a period of 5 months, Sayang smsed me this morning. Message read "Sayang, we really going dinner tonight?" Hahaha! =)

Both of us were supposed to fast. But Intan told me to have lunch together and offered a curry puff. Sayang ended up having Nasi Lemak for breakfast & Delifrance meal for lunch. Ten minutes past 6pm, I left the office. We met up in Aljunied MRT station and arrived there @ 7pm.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there. Each time we left the table to refill our plates, each of us used 2 plates! Not counting the cups & glasses of warm water & hot tea...

1st round - we attacked the meat, poultry & seafood. There were lamb, chicken, oyster & prawn dishes including kebab, popiah and yellow rice. Sayang was still lingering around the buffet corner despite having filled up the 2nd plate. Slowly I nudged Sayang to our table. "We have the time for all that later. Eat first."

2nd round - salads. I'm no veggie lover no matter how nutritious or delicious vegetables can be. Thankfully their salads were not purely vegetarian. Prawn salad & chicken salad went to my plate with generous amounts of sunflower seeds & almonds. Took some chicken rolls and vegetarian duck (mock duck) too. Decided not to try the broths & soups. "Eh Sayang, how come we are eating salads now? Shouldn't this be the first?" "Never mind la. Buffet is not for diet-conscious peeps."

3rd round - sushi & fresh seafood. Big fresh prawns filled our plates. Variety of sushi & fresh salmon, soy sauce but no wasabi. Sayang is not too fond of its taste. As for me, I don't like the idea of having my nose irritated & get a combo sneeze. Not while I'm eating at least.

4th round - pastries. Mini eclairs, mini brownies, chocolate pudding, many cake slices and not forgetting the desirable Bread & Butter pudding. I couldn't help smiling when I saw the number of plates on the table. 4 plates of pastries... Lady sitting across me kept looking at us. Not the slightest bit bothered.

5th round - desserts & fruits. Ripe big yellow bananas, grapes and Chocolate Fondue!

I had a good look at myself in the mirror to see juz how much my tummy has expanded since dinner. That's it. Must fast tomorrow. Before we had dinner, Sayang asked "If dinner is good, can we have 10 treats for 10 months?" When we finally left, it had changed to "At this rate, once a year is enough." Hahahahaha! =P