Wednesday, April 27, 2005

PIN hunting

My parents conveniently delayed their Income Tax filing to the eleventh hour. Dear Dad told me that there was a pile of forms on my table before I could even put my bag down. Fair enough. Could have easily deal with mess had I been able to find their PINs!

All I had to ask was "Where are your PINs?" and all hell broke loose.

Mum was smart enough to set aside hers by the television... although she went searching for it in her cupboard. Found hers within seconds and she happily retreated back to watching television.

Dad however, got me on hands and knees searching the entire house. Basically we spent 1/2 hour ransacking his stacks of documents. I almost fainted when he gave me his PIN of 2003! Perspiring profusely from the humid weather, I laughed out loud when he said "Maybe IRAS didn't mail me one this year". Mum nonchalantly quipped "Must be. Of all people... anak gomen ni". Hahaha!

He finally found it. Looks like he wasn't forgotten so easily. After much hassle, the filing was settled within 10 minutes.

Cubaaaaaan.....