Saturday, June 11, 2005

Meme? Mimi?

Gotta admit that I'm guilty. Been slacking in my blog updates. Sowwie! Just that at this moment in my life, I happen to have some more important stuffs... like freezing my brains out with a cold slurpee or ice-creams. =P

My turn to de-worm the book tag. Here goes...

1) Total number of books I owned:

BIG trouble here. I enjoy reading since young. My parents totally encouraged my healthy habit to motivate my younger sister who was lazy to read, to write... then. So bookshelves have been filled with Enid Blyton books, encyclopedias, Nancy Drew series, 'Kisah Teladan' series, made way for Archie comics, Christopher Pike & R.L Stine books and finally went into cardiac attack during our junior college years when Mum & Dad added on their era of Readers' Digest and Malay old books, happily.

2) The last book I bought:

Pre-ordered from SingPost. Yep! "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J.K Rowling. =)

3) The last book I read:

Mmm... "How to Think like Leonardo da Vinci" by Michael J. Gelb.

4) 5 books that mean a lot to me (not counting the books of music scores):

i) "The Diary of Anne Frank". I had no idea what this book was about when I bought it in Dec 1990. Thought it was a fictitious story. My late grandmother had given me a small thick organiser and I was seeking inspiration to start my diary. I neglected my clean diary after re-reading this book.

ii) "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" by Sean Covey. Kept dozing off trying to read his Dad's version. The only book that I dare to 'vandalise'.

iii) "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden. Gift from a dear fren.

iv) "To Sir with Love" by E.R. Braithware. It's more than juz a teacher-student relationship story.

v) "Asterix & Obelix" comics by Goscinny & Uderzo. Gauls vs Caesar empire with crazy adventures of memphirs, Romans, magic potion & wild boars.

5) Tag 5 peeps & have them fill this out on their blogs:

i) Dayah

ii) Rita

iii) Minah

iv) Intan

v) Tash