Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Naan, Dhal, Keema & Tandoori!

Made a last minute appointment to meet up with Mahanom & Makcik in Tekka Mall.

Makcik and I yakked away while waiting for Mahanom in BK. After 2 packets of Chicken Cheesestixs, 1 large drink and 1 hour later, she appeared. We got out of Tekka Mall and headed to Tekka Market. Mahanom and Makcik weaved in and out of the shops, browsing through the kurtas, Punjabi suits and authentic blouses. But it all ended too soon when the shops started closing for the day.

We strolled down and entered the newly-renovated Mustaffa Centre. Mahanom made a beeline for the watches corner. One Tag Heuer ladies' watch caught my eyes. The only obstacle was its price. Heehee. ;-)

Left the shopping centre to grab dinner @ Desker Road. Makcik was the only one who relished and finished her 2 Butter Naans. I was struggling with my 2 Butter Naans while Mahanom couldn't finished her Garlic Naan. Perhaps it was the hot weather. I definitely had no trouble finishing my glass of iced Milo. After that we headed back to the old wing of Mustaffa Centre.

Dad smsed me at the eleventh hour for a loaf of bread. Makcik tried to be our 'tour guide' and misled us twice to the wrong aisles! Her hand showed left, yet she said "right". Even so, we found and bought what we were searching for. We left Mustaffa Centre and waited for Pakcik to arrive in their Lancerlot. I was more than ready to put those heavy plastic bags in the boot of the car. Guess what? Pakcik came out of the car and told me to drive instead. Was he kidding? Mahanom and I looked at each other before we realised that he was for real.

As always I had to adjust his reclined driver's seat. He's a racer. I'm just a law-abiding, lack of experience driver. =) Lancerlot was chaotic with our chatter, jokes and laughter. To think that we've been talking non-stop since we met... we were still going strong throughout the journey from Little India to West Coast.

If that's not enough, I'm meeting Makcik again tomorrow. =P