Saturday, August 27, 2005

Stoopid mentality, no-brainer

I received a call from someone out of the blue yesterday evening. Nah, not a secret admirer. An ex-colleague. I smell a rat right away. What's there not to? It's not as if we are close or best buddies. I don't hear from him unless he wants something.

This time round when he called, I thought he was still looking for his vcds (yes, he can be such a goon). So there he was trying to make casual talk while I was giving one-word reply. Then he dropped the bomb.

H: "Eh, do you have credit card?"

Me: "No"

H: "What about your Dad?"

Me: "No, why?"

I sense that he wants to borrow money. Kinda well-known for that too.

H: "I need to borrow $1,000. To pay for this A....."

I didn't bother to hear the rest of his explaination. I'm not talking to a guy who's supporting a family or paying household bills. He can't even support himself enough to buy a packet of cigarettes. This guy walked out of the same workplace twice only to return within a week begging to be accepted again. This guy is too emotional.

The rest of his conversation went in one ear and out the other. It isn't enough that he had the cheek to ask me, he went a step further to suggest that I 'slow talk' with my Dad! Messing with the wrong guy, I dare say. Too bad Dad was not at home or I would have gladly passed the phone to him so that Dad can give this goon a good knockout!

I kept my cool juz enough to keep things under control. Let's see if this thick-skinned no-brainer calls back...