Saturday, January 21, 2006

M's Day into the Night.

"Cafe Vienna? Viet-Thai Bar? Pasta?"

It was bad enough that I was craving for salmon. Chatting about food with M & Makcik over the week was unbearable. Despite having taken my lunches, my salivary glands worked hard at the thought of eating all those rich delicious foods for dinner.

The birthday gal had wanted to eat pasta but couldn't decide where to go.

Voluntarily, Makcik gave M an entire list of restaurants to go. That was last Wednesday. On Thursday, M decided on Viet-Thai Bar. Whatever happened to her pasta craving?

So there we were chatting about time and place to meet when these 2 ladies started talking about Straits Kitchen. Alamak! Both were reminiscing the night they went to eat there, narrating to me how they completely missed out the Indian foods, desserts & pastries corner. After all that chat and mental torture, it was finally decided that we will have dinner in Straits Kitchen. Phew! Now all I could do was to wait patiently for sunset, sunrise and another sunset.

Friday came. Caught up with both of them in Bugis Seiyu @ 6.30pm. Poor birthday gal was thirsty. We went to Swensens for our drinks, alongside with Fries & Calamari (unintentionaly really!). Then we boarded the MRT to Orchard.

We took a leisure walk thru Wisma Atria & Takashimaya before landing up in Grand Hyatt. As if that wasn't enough, we had to wait a while more before getting our table. Straits Kitchen had a busy Friday night.

Once we settled down at the table, we ate non-stop. Made several trips to different counters.

BIG prawns! I like! =)

Hot, soft, fluffy Naan. Mmm...

This plate looked incomplete with its Sambal Crab. I wasn't willing to soil & embarrass myself though.

Unfortunately the fun was short-lived. A waiter approached our table to inform that the buffet was closing in 5 minutes. What?! We made last trips to the pastries & desserts counter.

20% of the desserts we took amongst ourselves.

Oh! Not forgetting our birthday gifts to M. More Swarovski bling-bling to her collection.



Pakcik arrived and whisked us away in his Lancerlot. I took one direct flight to Lala-land. Makcik had smsed me earlier that Pakcik had bought a birthday cake for M. I knew where we were headed. Birhtday gal didn't. Upon entering Woodlands, she asked "Why are we in Woodlands? Aren't we supposed to stop you at Bukit Panjang?"

I believe my best reply was "Huh? I fell asleep." =P

Over at the couple's house, the chocolate mousse cake was served. Marvellous! I was already wobbling like a penguin after that. Not forgetting the glasses of lemonade & puffs of sheesha, I was getting high.



By then, it was already past midnight. I left soon after M's brother arrived. Apparently they extended the celebrations a notch. Supper @ Simpang Bedok. Just the guys this time. Ladies were too full!

Happy Birthday, M! May all your wishes come true. =)

More pics...