Thursday, January 05, 2006

Weather Teller

Manager was on medical leave. Mala, Rebecca and I wore our jackets the minute we stepped into the office. The central air-conditioning is freezing us off.

Throughout the day, Rebecca made weather announcements.

Around 11am: "Has started raining..." (Don't take off jacket)

At 12.30pm, I peered out the window. Ground was wet but no rain.

"I think you had better bring your umbrella for lunch," advised Rebecca. Wise words indeed. It rained again while I was eating.

Back in the office, around 3pm while everyone was slogging at work: "It's raining again..." (Time to button up my jacket)

Finally around 5pm: "Alamak! Raining again!" (Huh? It stopped? My fingers are numb)

I dunno why but at times like these, I'm reminded of the 3 Little Kittens story.

3 little kittens,
They lost their mittens...