Thursday, May 18, 2006

Keep small torchlight in office drawer

Just a while ago, I went to powder my nose.

Someone decided to conserve the office building's electricity by switching off the ladies' lights & fans. During office hours. For god's sake... not while I'm inside!

Cubicle door closed and the place went pitch black all of a sudden, I thought it was a power failure. Short-circuit perhaps? Closed door = closed lights? I couldn't even see my own hands. Thank goodness I've just entered. Miraculously I made my way out. The switches were off. Switched it on and went in again.

I thought that was the end of it. A glitch. Apparently that someone must have thought a ghost is lurking around. I closed the cubicle door and the place went pitch black again. Without warning, I shouted a loud clear "HOI!"

Right away I saw light! I was more than ready to rush out and direct my bottle of water to whoever was standing at the entrance door. Then I heard a meek "Sorry". I wasn't able to distinguish if it belongs to a male or female. The other party must have gotten a rude shock.

Once is a mistake. Twice... *shakes head*