Friday, May 19, 2006

The King

A King is looking for a wise man. He held a contest in search for a wise one. The contest consisted of solving this problem...

"The product of the ages of the King's daughters is 36 and the sum is equal to the number of gates in the royal palace. Determine the age of the princesses."

The most intelligent contestant approached the King after thinking through the problem and said, "Your Highness, I am missing one piece of information."

The King promptly replied "The oldest of my daughters has blue eyes."

The contestant immediately gave the ages of the princesses. What was his answer?


Came across this while reading a fren's blog. I was stumped. Reminded me of The Wicked game that Makcik introduced me to.

Took me half a day and many google searches before I started laughing at my own stupidity. Sheesh... so much for blue eyes!