Sunday, May 07, 2006

Malacca / KL trip 88 - part 1 (overdue)

29th April 2006

Presenting... the F1 racer throughout the trip.



At 1.30pm, I bid farewell to my family & made my way down. Pakcik & Makcik soon arrived in their Lancerlot. Dad had told me earlier that there's a high possibility we would get ourselves stuck in the Checkpoint traffic jam. Alhamdullilah, we didn't encounter any.

We drove to Mahanom's house to fetch her. After that we took a turn and stopped for lunch. Pakcik & Makcik were held up in their earlier appointment this morning. Hence the late start to our holiday 'foodie' trip. By 2.30pm, we were back on the road up to Malacca.

Nothing much happened on the road. Pakcik found a wallet in the gents during our toilet break @ Serenggam R&R. Instead of handing it over to the cleaner, he contacted the owner's father. The young chap was staying around JB. We got stuck in a bit of traffic jam also. Not because of accidents but due to the ongoing roadworks.

Pakcik estimated that we would reached Malacca by 6.30pm. Thanks to those traffic delays, we were already hungry in car.

The seafood in Umbai, Malacca was great. I got the experience of eating seafood dipped in spicy soy sauce with Nasi Lemak. Powerr! I limit myself to only a packet of Nasi Lemak, afraid that I might get full from the rice and not seafood. Given any time, I will still opt for plain rice. Not forgetting the 2 glasses of rose syrup I had ordered solely for me. Heehee...

All drinks are mine? Nah!

Once dinner was over, we were back on the road to KL. We stopped over at the nearest petrol kiosk for another toilet break. First, I accidentally switched off the gents' lights. Upon switching on the ladies' lights, I saw a small frog in the cubicle! Everyone in the car was laughing their heads off when I retreated back to car. But it wasn't long before we got quiet again. Zzz...

When Pakcik stopped in front of the hotel, we quickly unloaded our luggages & headed to the reception. The poor guy nearly got beheaded by Makcik when he told us that they do not have any room reservations under our names! Quickly retrieved the number I had dialled during booking and asked. Hahaha! We were in the wrong hotel.

Back in the car once again. This time when we arrived, Pakcik didn't right away parked his car. He waited for us to check in first. =D



We were upgraded to executive rooms. Even better! Mahanom & I watched James Bond on their Astro channel till 2.30am before we went to slumberland.