Sunday, May 07, 2006

Malacca / KL trip 88 - part 2 (overdue)

30th April 2006

I was up @ 7.30am. Unbelievable but true. For the sake of not wanting to miss the hotel's breakfast actually. Heehee...



Our extended breakfast lasted till 10.30am. We went back to our rooms and slept till check-out time. Loaded our luggages back into Lancerlot and off we go... SHOPPING.

I didn't shop till drop. But my legs felt jelly-like after getting lost in One Utama. It doesn't help that my mobile line was not functioning despite having applied for autoroam. To make things worse, my mobile went flat. Initially I waited for them at the basement carpark. I assumed that they will be done soon as we were supposed to head back home that night itself.

Then I went up to the information counter. But there was nobody on duty in sight. So I trudged down to the carpark again. Waited and waited and waited...

Finally I went to Giant Supermarket. I bought tidbits to get more coins. Called Umi and was directed to her voicemail. Attempted others but failed. Last resort, I explained my situation to the guy @ the information counter. He loaned his mobile for me to retrieve Mahanom's number from my sim card. Thanked him and dashed to the nearest public phone to call Mahanom.

Phew! They were at Good Evening Bangkok Restaurant.

Dinner was excellent. The service provided was exceptional. It was as if we had waiters exclusively at our table. The fish was finished in record time. The Tom Yam soup was spicy. Makcik was craving for crabs but there was no Black Pepper Crab that night. However the waiter was quick to suggest Black Pepper Crab using the small crabs we found in the soup, if we didn't mind. With a smile and a nod from Makcik, the waiter was gone in a flash.

Past 11pm and we were still in KL. Had Pakcik drove us all back to homeland, we would have arrived most probably 2-3am. Not really a good idea when you have sleepy eyes on the road. Furthermore it's a Public Holiday tomorrow. We could definitely afford to stay one night more.

With such an impromptu decision, we wished and hoped that there were still available hotel rooms. Headed back to the same hotel. Only executive rooms were available. We checked in this time without their complimentary breakfasts.

For us to conduct an urgent meeting or play a round of mahjong perhaps?

All of us checked out @ 9.30am the next day.

More pics...