Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tissue paper lady

I had lunch with my colleague @ BK just now. Fries were crisp but salty, burgers were piping hot but not fantastic and the iced Milo... I finished it without savouring its taste. So much for keeping a healthy lifestyle. Hah!

Anyway my purpose of writing this entry is not about my lunch. More of what happened during lunch.

The crowd in BK was more than usual just now. Must be the school holidays. Both of us were lucky enough to get a table once we entered. I sat and waited while Rebecca bought our foods.

While digging in, we saw 3 tudong-clad gals entered. Attired in baju kurungs, carrying big bags and files, they went around BK looking for an empty table. Their search was almost futile. Almost... because there was an empty table behind me. Almost... because there was a packet of tissue paper on that table.

Right away Rebecca told me about it. What is it with idiots & packets of tissue paper? Years ago when I had lunch with someone, I came across an empty table with a tissue packet. You know what I did? I took it and stashed it into my bag. Nope it wasn't done on purpose. I had thought that someone accidentally left it (for ppl like me who hardly uses tissue papers to pick up). It took me several more incidences before I was told that those tissue packets were reservation signs. Doh!!!

Anyway back to our BK scene. The 3 gals stood at that table for a while before they decided to sit down. The minute they did, a woman approached them from the ordering queue and said "Excuse me, I've put down my tissue packet on the table. Can't you see?" Embarrased, the 3 gals apologised and searched for another empty table.

Both of us were disgusted by the woman's attitude. I had half a mind to actually swipe that tissue packet from the empty table. Rebecca supported me all the way.

We left BK finally full.