Tuesday, November 14, 2006

9 months old & sick

This morning when Md Ehsan coughed fakely (yeah he mimics the sound), I thought I heard phlegm in his throat. But he was active as usual and busied himself crawling on the bed, on the floor, exploring and slapping my cupboard door.

Little Boy Blue with his dashing smile.

I went to Alexandra Hospital after work to visit my grandfather. My Dad found him unconscious @ his home last Monday. Doctor is still investigating his case. I finally reached home @ 10.30pm, past Md Ehsan's bedtime.

First thing I heard upon entering the house was the blaring noise from the TV. Dad was watching James Bond on cable. Before I could even lock the door, he said "Go and look at Ehsan. He's been crying non-stop."

I saw him in his red short romper with GAP logo from far, bawling his eyes and heart out. Made a quick check with my Mom. Md Ehsan had fallen asleep while they were out. But he got up and started crying once my Mom put him on the bed.

Checked his forehead - no temperature. Carried him for a while and soothed him a bit. Could it be he's missing his parents? My youngest sister came and carried him to the living room. I hurried to get myself changed.

Dayah successfully rocked him to sleep. But Md Ehsan was still not in homewear. I changed him into his sleeveless top. He continued sleeping. He started fidgeting when my Mom changed his diapers. By the time it was done, he was up and crying again.

I carried him. He squirmed and kicked my stomach. Ouch!

I had to put him back on the bed. Of course that only made him scream out loud. My Mom carried him up again. He chocked, he coughed, then he vomited all over the floor! My Mom didn't even have time to rush to the toilet.

Huge mess but it proved to be good relief for the sick baby. He fell asleep just as soon as I cleaned him up. Looks like we won't be sleeping much tonight...