Friday, June 01, 2007

You finally came into my life...

This morning everyone in the office looked like they've got the Monday blues. Post-holiday blues I would say. It can be such a bummer to work on a day like this. The month of May has just ended and as usual, I have the whole monthly routine to handle. Even my usual morning chatters were quiet.

Towards noon, a colleague asked out loud "Do you feel like it's Monday today?"

"Are you kidding me? It's the first of June. Each new month spells DEADLINE for me."

"Oh ya. No wonder..."

Noon came, had lunch. Back from lunch, tackled the strings of emails, the bundles of normal mails and reports for submission.

Pace slackened and office became quiet. No more of the buzzing bees. The after-effect of lunch perhaps. A lot more friends started coming online.

Then it dawned on me - thanks to M who smsed me. Thanks to Makcik who congratule while we were talking about some "legal" issues. Also thanks to Joyah & Nyah who congratulated and joked. Work literally flew out the window after that. I lose focus with whatever I had in hand.

I managed to stay cool when I left the office today. Of course when the moment arrived, it became another highlight of my life.

Labels: ,