Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spon, bol and soes.

The family celebrated my Mom's birthday hours back. The usual dinner affair. Followed by us ladies checking out the nearby shops. Md Ehsan followed as we entered a shoe shop.

I wasn't looking for any. But my hands did reached out for a pair here and there. Designs were simple and prices were affordable. I tried them on to see if they were comfortable enough for dailywear. The little boy stood beside me observing everything. The sizes I tried were too small. But from what I felt, the cushioning was good. I placed the pairs of shoes back on the display and changed my attention back to him.

He looked at me, pointed at the shoes and went "Ahntie, soes." I nodded. Then he picked one up and placed it down on the floor near my feet. Oh no.

"No more darling. Come, let's put it back." He diligently picked and placed it back. A few steps forward, he pointed at another pair and went "Ahntie, soes?"

I shook my head and started walking out, "Let's go". He tagged along, "Et's go babey". =)

We walked around the area. The men were standing at a corner waiting & talking. Mom, Dayah & Ain were browsing at another shop. Together with Md Ehsan, I entered another shop selling Muslim & Muslimah headwears and praying items.

"Ahntie, ongkok." Huh?

"Mane?" (Where?)

"Tu atas" (Up there). I looked up and true enough, rows and rows of black and white songkoks.

"Oh ah ah. Ehsan pun ade songkok kat rumah kan?" (Oh ya. Ehsan also has a songkok at home right?) He smiled.

"Ahntie, allahwakbar." Walking with him is always that entertaining. There I was browsing at the numerous anak tudung while he was happily discovering and pointing at the piles of colourful thick sejadah (praying mats).

By this time his antics have caught the attention of the 2 shopowners.

"Cutenya. Nama siapa ni, nak?" (So cute. What's your name, child?)
Right away, he clammed up and grabbed hold of my hand. I became his spokesperson.

"Nama die Md Ehsan." (His name is...)

"Mukanya banyak iras ibunya. Hensem." (His features are mostly from his mother. Handsome.)

Unknowing to the shopowners, little boy has already started tugging my hand to move from that place.

I smiled, salam and left.

I was wondering when did Ain entered that shop. Before I realised that the lady had meant me. Haiyo...

Labels: ,