Monday, June 26, 2006

Bye Sam, Hi Son.

I bought my first handphone - Nokia 3210 - 7 years ago.

Within months I sold that phone to my sister and bought Nokia 8210. By then I had signed up for a permanent line and was bounded by contract for 2 years.

When the 2 years' contract was up, I traded in my phone for Nokia 8250.

Perhaps I'm so used to Nokia phones. Personally I find it user-friendly and pretty rugged for my kinda usage. Never faced with any hardware or software problems. I was slightly curious about other brand models but the attraction was never strong enough to compel me to "betray" Nokia.

Finally 2 years ago, Motorola did. Actually, there wasn't a single feature in that phone that attracted me. I keep rejecting calls accidentally instead of answering them, not many polyphonic tunes were available for that model and even Iguana wasn't enough. Sheesh! But I took that phone because it was free upon sign-up. I had wanted to get it, keep it and resell it once it's hot in the market. My plan backfired. That particular model was almost never heard of! Hahaha!

Then early last year, my Motorola phone got cranky. Auto shutdowns without reasons when I have clearly recharged the night before. Final straw came in February.

I traded in and got this:



Better than Motorola. Quite user-friendly and the phone design is pretty cool too. Not forgetting the big font size to aid those who are visually challenged. The VGA camera didn't matter that much to me. The cable does not come with the kit. No big deal. But no internal battery. Once it goes flat, it's totally powerless. *slaps forehead*

Yesterday the screen went blank all of a sudden. I thought it was a software glitch. Recharged it at night. This morning, things did not improved. I have no problems receiving calls but I cannot make any calls or send SMSes. The screen remains lit but blank. Sigh. Not rugged enough.

Immediately after work, I bought a new phone.



The more features they have, the more fragile the phones get. Maybe I should just replace the battery of my Nokia 8250?